Recipe for Easy Baby Marrow and Patty Pan Salad.
This salad is very simple and easy to make. It is a perfect companion for fish and is great to add as a side at a braai. The zestiness of the lemon and mint lighten up the dish.
If you are Banting or counting calories this is a dish for you, almost no carbs!
When I am lazy, I prepare the salad in the serving bowl – one less bowl to clean.
1 x small pallet of mixed Baby Marrow ( Zucchini) and Patty Pan squashes.
½ Lemon Juice
Olive oil – drizzle
1 teaspoon on dried chilli flakes ( or to taste)
Handful of mint , finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash the Baby Marrow, Patty Pans and mint well.
2. Dry the veggies and mint well.
3. Use a potato peeler on the Baby Marrow and Patty Pans to create long thing slices .
4. Place slithers of Baby Marrow and Patty pans in a bowl.
5. Drizzle with Olive Oil to coat the veggies.
6. Squeeze juice of half a lemon.
7. Add Finely chopped mint, sprinkle with chilli flakes and season. Mix all together.