A little bit about me.
Updated: Aug 23, 2019
I thought I would let you know a bit more about me. Enjoying reading this on other bloggers pages and getting to know the person behind the keyboard and photos, has given me a bit of inspiration to share a little bit about myself.
1. I often get asked “ so where are you from”: Maybe its because Capetonians have this weird fascination about from which High School you graduated. This is a question I get asked often!
Born in Pretoria, Preschool in Johannesburg and then moved to White River , Mpumalanga. However every weekend we were on the farm in Hoedspruit , Limpopo. I'm a bush baby at heart.
2. I have a twin sister: We are identical but no, if you pinch me she wont feel it and we can't read each other's minds. We have different hair colours, thanks to the wonders of hair dye.
3. Nicknames: I have a few. My Family and Close friends call me Kar and Kozmo. My husband calls me Bubbles – could be because of my fondness for MCC and Champagne?
4. Petty Dislike: I don’t understand people who reverse park. You hold everyone up for 5 minutes while you try wiggle your car's rear into a parking space so that you can leave quickly? What are you planning a fast getaway?
5. Hidden Talents: None that I know of, they are that well-hidden.
6. Introvert or Extrovert: I think I am a mix of both. I love to be around people and feed off their energy but do need to have my me-time. This is honestly an area I have struggled with since becoming a mother.
7. I wish : I could have more time with my mother. See passed away a year ago and I often feel like I should have spent more time with her. It's hard not to have a mom, when they are literally one of the most influential people in your life. Her passing away made me reevaluate my career and life which led me to make some very big changes.
8. I want to: Travel more, learn to surf and enjoy exercising ( I exercise so I can eat and not feel to guilty)
9. Zodiac Sign: I’m an Aries. I don’t really believe in this, but I do enjoy reading the Horoscopes in magazines.
10. I am a mom to one fur baby: Harley our rescue cat is my fur baby and hot water bottle. He pretty much sleeps on the bed, on the couch, eats and repeats. Living up to his name his purr is so loud it sounds like a motorbike.
11. Environmentalist and conservationist: I come from a family of conservationists and an passionate about Anti-poaching and saving our Rhinos , Elephants and Pangolins to name a few. I will never wear ivory and fur. There are such great fakes on the market you don’t have to wear an animal to look good. In the process of making my home single use plastic free and finding more environmentally friendly ways of running a household.
12. Bad Habits: I bite my nails and leave cupboard doors open.
So there are 12 things about me.
#aboutme #blogger #momblogger #12thingsaboutme